Divorce Attorneys in Culver City
Free Phone Consultations 310.740.9750
Large Firm Work Ethic Small Firm Price

Enforcement Attorney in Culver City

Culver City Family Law Attorney: Enforcements

Need an enforcement attorney in Culver City? State law allows for legal enforcement when a former spouse or relationship partner fails to pay support as ordered by the court. The initial action to take is to contact our Culver City divorce lawyer to help you take action. Once a divorce is finalized, and an order issued, there is a legal obligation to adhere to the orders. Any part of the divorce order could be enforced legally, but a failure to pay child support and spousal support are the most common problems. At our firm, Widger & Widger, APLC, we frequently assist those who run into trouble getting child support or spousal support paid.

How to Enforce a Child Support or Spousal Support Order

There are several levels of pressure that can be applied to a person who is failing to adhere to a divorce order. Our Culver City divorce attorney can help you to take the right level of action to get your money paid to you. Initially, a letter from our office could be effective.

If not, we increase the pressure by doing one of the following:

  • Wage garnishments
  • Bank account levies
  • Have state and federal tax refunds intercepted and paid to you
  • Put pressure to have legal action against the party
  • Schedule a court date to address a charge of contempt of court
  • Have a driver's license suspended by the state

If the other party has disappeared, we can take action to find the location, and even if it is in another state, to take enforcement actions. Searching for a lawyer for court order enforcement in Culver City? It is far better to have these issues handled by an attorney. This is a problem that you want to solve – but avoid making an error that could impact your ability to collect. We invite you to contact our firm and get the help you need. You need your child support payments. A parent who fails to pay for the care and support of children is not looked upon kindly by the courts, in any state. Don't make arrangements for overdue payments on your own. These agreements are rarely upheld, and you don't want to be in the position of being a "debt collector" for your ex-spouse or domestic partner.

Looking for an attorney for your enforcement case in Culver City?

If you are behind in your child support payments due to loss of employment or other situation, rather than not paying your bills, you must seek a modification through the court. Even if your former partner has agreed to some form of payment arrangement, you put yourself at risk of legal action, as these agreements are not valid until the court order is modified. If the situation is related to child custody or visitation, there are legal actions that can be taken to solve the problem so you have access to your children, as ordered by the court.

Call our firm for assistance in all matters related to enforcements. We are ready to take action for you, and apply the right amount of pressure to get results, and get you paid.

Why We're The Right Choice: